how to play
OFFICIAL HUMAN FOOSBALL RULES
- BOTH HANDS ON THE BAR.
Player cannot let go of the bar while the ball is in play.
- NO HANGING.
Player cannot lower chin under the height of the bar;
- RESET FOR ROLL-IN.
Prior to referee throwing the ball back into the game, Mid-field rows must have their Game Bars touching the wall opposite to the referee.
The game is live once the ball is rolled in.
- KEEP THE BALL LOW IF YOU CAN’T CONTROL.
A player cannot be hit above the shoulders. Intentionally or not, regardless of which team did the kicking, it’s an automatic foul.
- Wacky example: let’s say you’re playing offense. If you kick the ball against the wall and it bounces back to hit yourself in the face, you just committed a foul — against yourself. Yep.
- In short, keep the ball low.
- Note: if Referee judge that a player intentionally headed the ball, it’s not considered a penalty
- CHICKEN WINGS WELCOME.
It’s okay to use your arms to block the ball, as long as your hands stay on the bar;
- YOU GOTTA PLAY, MAN!
- If Referee notices that a team is intentionally kicking the ball out of bounds or stalling play, Referee will stop the game and give the team a warning. If the behavior repeats, Referee will penalize the team with a foul.
- STRATEGY CARDS.
Submit your team’s Strategy Cards (players lineup) to the referee before each game.
- REFEREES HAVE THE FINAL WORD.
Please respect the referees (and other players). Remember, everyone having fun trumps competition (though we love competition ourselves).
The Referee has to right to eject a player if he/she is acting too aggressively (physically or verbally).
It’s up to the Tournament Coordinator whether a player is allowed to play another game in the tournament or not.
(see below for Penalty Shoot-outs in Bracket-Only Tournaments or Playoffs)
Penalty must be taken within 15 seconds of the whistle.
Who’s the Kicker?
- 1-2 fouls: goalie to take the foul
- 3-5 fouls: mid-field to take the foul
- 6+ fouls: forward to take the foul
How Penalty Kicks work
All players between the kicker and the goal, including players from the same team, need to freeze in a standing position (locked knees).
- Taking Fouls 1–5:
- After everyone is frozen, the ball is given to the Kicker (see Who’s the Kicker above);
- Only the Kicker is allowed to move to find an open spot;
- Kicker will take a shot;
- All players (including Defending Team Goalies) must remain frozen until the ball stops forward motion (by hitting the far wall, a player, score, or stop moving).
- Note: if the ball hits anyone and continues moving forward, players must remain frozen.
- Referee will blow whistle indicating ball has stopped moving forward and the game can continue (if no score).
- Taking Fouls 6+:
- Kicker is to place the ball down
- Then Defending Team Goalie(s) will look for the best angle to block a shot and freeze;
- Kicker will take a shot;
- Defending Team Goalie(s) must remain frozen until the ball stops forward motion;
- Referee will blow whistle indicating ball has stopped moving forward and game can continue (if no score).
- Every team has the right to call up to 1 substitution during a period.
- Substitution includes players moving to a different bar and/or swapping places at the same bar. Each team can move as many players as they want during Substitution.
- Substitutions are limited to 15 seconds. If players are not ready (both hands on the bar) before the 15 seconds expire, the team will commit a foul.
- Opposing team cannot make any substitutions during opponents’ substitution time-out.
- They will need to call for Substitution and wait for a stoppage in the game.
Calling a Substitution
- Team Captain indicate to referee their intention to call a Sub.
- Once the ball stops (out of bounds, foul, or score), the team has 15 seconds to make the changes.
Game Plan Cards
Game Plan Cards help expedite the tournament, make the game fairer, and greatly help in tracking game stats.
Teams need to turn in their Game Plan Card prior to entering the arena.
What to do
- Write down the initials of every player marking the exact position where he/she will play.
- If a team starts the game with players in positions different from the line-up, the team will automatically waive substitution for that game period.
Left: Payaton Manning
Center-Left: Camera Newton
Center-Right: Tom Brake
Right: Rusted Wilson
Left: Dem Tom
Right: Kel Ben